Software Engineer (Back End)
Volvo Cars is on an ambitious journey to re-define the customer experience in the automotive industry through digital technology. We’re committed to giving Volvo customers an entire week of quality time back per year by 2025 through these types of innovations that simplify their lives. We’re looking for team members in this Digital organization who think about technology problems and opportunities in exciting and different ways – creative and critical thinkers who want to change the world with us here at Volvo.
This role is within our Consumer Commercial Digital Products (CCDP) team, which is using digital technologies to reinvent the experience of becoming a Volvo customer. There’s no reason the experience of buying a car should be painful and difficult – it should be as enjoyable and exciting as actually using a new car. That is our mission. This is a rapidly growing team, and we are looking for outstanding people who will be some of the earliest hires in their function, helping to establish it at Volvo Cars.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for developing back-end software and services for consumer facing products and e-commerce solutions available in more than 80 countries. Your responsibilities will include rapid development of prototypes/concepts along with regular development. Initially, we are starting with a small team to create and test concepts, and transform these ideas to real products. You are experienced with agile development and a champion of software development best practices.
This position is located in Volvo’s new Stockholm Software Technology Centre in central Stockholm.
Do you fit the profile?
- Experience as a back-end software engineer, designing and writing code, and even may have served as a technical lead.
- Expert in back-end development within Java, including data models, persistence layers, back-end services (REST APIs), app frameworks, caching and messaging services, as well as using 3rd party APIs.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architectures and object-orientated programming
- Experience of working with AWS and Docker.
- Kubernetes experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 3 years’ work experience developing back-end software
- Strong software design skills and knowledge of design patterns
- Experience and expertise in developing consumer-facing products
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools (Jira)
How to learn more and apply
For questions about the position please contact Anders Dahlenborg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiter
Senior Recruiter Simon Almqvist at email@example.com or 0046-735217173.
We want your application at the latest 2018. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.