Hardware Responsible - Antennas
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Cars our mission is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people's life less complicated". We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people on-board. People that want to make a difference and create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
Hardware Responsible - Antennas
At Product & Quality you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Product and Quality is the place for you to prosper.
The department, In Car Digital , is part of the Vehicle Software & Electronics unit within P&Q and is responsible for electrical systems and components in the areas of Driver Interaction (Instrument Cluster, Entertainment Displays, Switches, and Climate Control), HMI and Infotainment (Audio, Antenna and Tuners, Navigation, Telephony, Bluetooth, and Connectivity). The ART (Agile Release Train) In Car Multimedia, at the Electrics/Electronics & Chassis unit is responsible for all work regarding Audio, Antennas, Displays and Driver info/Vehicle functions. The Antennas and Tuners 94734 group in the section is responsible for the connectivity, telematics and entertainment antennas, analogue, and digital radio tuners. Traffic information/toll collection system and wireless phone charger is also part of this group.
The hardware responsibility includes the Antennas, Vehicle Communication and Wireless Charger. You will be responsible for the hardware requirement specifications, tuning of electrical parameters and hardware deliveries to the projects, which is a result of close cooperation with supplier and internal stakeholders.
- Creating and updating hardware requirement specifications.
- Work in close cooperation with suppliers regarding specifications, work processes and system design.
- Status Reporting and hardware delivery to the projects.
- Validating performance on component/system level.
- Managing various company internal interfaces, e.g. mechanical interface, electrical interface, signalling interface.
- Master of Science in Electronics, Electrical, Communication or Computer Engineering or similar qualification /working experience.
- Experience from hardware design and development within the automotive/telecom industry or similar.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Driver’s license B (car).
- Knowledge of vehicle antenna and communication systems.
- V2X (vehicle to anything) technologies.
- Knowledge of Volvo Cars product development life cycle.
- General competence in electronics design and development.
- Analytical and structured.
- Outstanding team player.
- Great communication skills.
- Positive mind-set.
Please apply no later then August 31.
Location for this position is onsite in Gothenburg, Sweden from where we expect you are able to work with adequate working permits. Working proficiency in the English language, speech and writing, is a requirement. Combined with the same skills in the Swedish language is considered a merit. We apply a continuous selection process so we recommend that you submit your application in English as soon as possible. Please contact hiring manager Johan Thelin if you have any questions about the position: email@example.com or senior recruiter Mikael Dewrang firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the recruiting process.
Please note: We do not accept applications via email.