Software Integration Engineer
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Cars our mission is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people's life less complicated". We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people on-board. People that want to make a difference and create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
The Body Electronics SW group, 94234, is responsible for Integration and Test of application software for Body Control Modules (platform modules) that controls various electrical functions in the vehicles.
We work with integration of in-house developed software applications for several body controllers, and in the near future, we will be responsible for additional modules to fit our new upcoming electrical architecture.
The integration toolchain used today is based on python, Matlab scripts and c-based programming. However, we are an open-minded group that like to discuss technical solutions and are not afraid to take on new ways of working, and we constantly develop our build chain in order to meet our Continuous Integration and Deployment vision.
We are now searching for a Software Integration Engineer to strengthen, and make our integration team even stronger. For this, we need a smart and ready-to-learn person to help us perform this challenging task. As a Software Integration Engineer, you will integrate in-housed developed software applications, be involved in software releases as well as maintenance and development work of build environment and quality assurance tools.
You will have the opportunity to interact with stakeholders from many parts of Volvo Cars, such as Power Train, Active Safety and Vehicle Engineering. The development work is perform with an agile process using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
We offer you a great opportunity to join our close-knit team of professionals and gain extensive knowledge of the software integration process used at Volvo Car Corporation.
- Integrate software applications (in-house developed)
- Maintain and develop build environment infrastructure
- Modify and develop quality assurance tools and other tools used
- Discuss technical solutions with suppliers (internally/ externally Volvo Cars)
- Support technical investigations and task force activities
- B.Sc. grade within Electrical, Computer, Engineering Physics, or equivalent level of education
- Experience with Matlab C, C++, Python and Jenkins
- Fluent communication in English
- Driving license (B)
- Experience from software integration, design and development
- Experience with formal software development processes, such as Waterfall, Kanban and Scrum
- Knowledge in Automotive Functional Safety Standard (ISO26262)
- Strong committed to develop world class products with high precision
- Structured with good documentation and communication skills
- Self-driven and reliable
- Result- and business oriented
- Strong team player with persistence
Please note: We do not accept applications via email.
Location for this position is onsite in Gothenburg, Sweden from where we expect you are able to work with adequate working permits. Working proficiency in the English language, speech and writing, is a requirement. Combined with the same skills in the Swedish language is considered a merit. We apply a continuous selection process so we recommend that you submit your application in English as soon as possible. Please contact hiring manager Patrick Hylén if you have any questions about the position: firstname.lastname@example.org or senior recruiter Mikael Dewrang email@example.com regarding the recruiting process.