Senior Android App Developer
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Cars our mission is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car company and to make people's life less complicated". We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people on-board. People that want to make a difference and create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
Volvo Cars recently announced that the next generation infotainment system will be based on Android Automotive, with close collaboration with Google. We are now looking for senior Android app developers to strengthen our teams.
Developers work in agile teams divided in the following areas, Android Platform, Connectivity, User interaction, Security, Android Automotive app development, Climate control and other car functions etc. We apply the latest software development practices, and teams are supported with continuous integration frameworks and collaboration tools.
As a Senior Android App Developer, you will design and develop touch based user interfaces to control various parts of the vehicle. You will have access to vehicle APIs and Android permissions beyond those used in usual app development. You should be familiar with modern app architecture patterns and be confidently able to establish a good architecture in new projects and nurturing them as they grow in size. Automated testing is central to the project so you should have good knowledge of software testing, test driven development and the tools commonly used to implement them in Android development.
- Developing features in Volvo’s core applications.
- Working with Designers to create intuitive and attractive user interfaces.
- Making architectural decisions that will deliver scalable and maintainable apps.
- Ensuring that the code is well tested.
Required qualifications / skills:
- M.Sc in Software Engineering or similar relevant experience
- At least 6 years of Android app development experience (Java, Android Studio)
- Experience with modern architectural patterns (MVP, MVVM, layered architecture, refactoring)
- Android testing frameworks (Junit, Espresso, Mockito)
- Good English skill (written and spoken)
- Experience from Embedded Linux Development
- Experience in AOSP and the AOSP build system
- Experience from working with Continuous Integration
- Experience within Automotive, Infotainment and from working in an international environment
- Experience from connectivity technologies like Bluetooth stacks, WiFi and phone mirroring technologies
- Driver’s license (B-level)
- A strive for future development and challenges
- Driven and self-motivated, with a strong delivery orientation
- Communicative and a great team player, with positive and pro-active attitude
- Problem solver, with good analytical skills
Please note: We do not accept applications via email
Location for this position is onsite in Gothenburg, Sweden from where we expect you are able to work with adequate working permits. Working proficiency in the English language, speech and writing, is a requirement. Combined with the same skills in the Swedish language is considered a merit. We apply a continuous selection process so we recommend that you submit your application in English as soon as possible. Please contact hiring manager Nisvet Jusic if you have any questions about the position: firstname.lastname@example.org or senior recruiter Mikael Dewrang email@example.com regarding the recruiting process.