Want to join us on our exciting journey?
Volvo Cars is on an exciting journey, redefining the automotive experience by innovating to make people’s lives less complicated. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to make an impact in a company with unique opportunities to grow and make a true difference.
What we offer
Electrical Distribution System (EDS), a part of the ART Electrical Infrastructure, is responsible for developing the electrical distribution system, the wiring harness and the wiring harness components, in all vehicle lines within Volvo Cars.
You will be the product owner for two different teams, one working in the concept phase with both components and harnesses and the other team handling the component design and packaging up until production start.
What you’ll do
You will work closely with the Scrum masters for your teams and the product managers for your ART. As a product owner your goal is to minimize non-value added work by owning and deciding upon priorities in the team backlogs. You are responsible for the quality of your team’s product and have the final say regarding whether the product is ready for delivery or not.
Areas of responsibilities:
- Lead the development teams together with the Scrum Master.
- Review and reprioritize the backlog as part of the preparatory work for iteration including coordination of content dependencies with other product owners, stakeholders, managers, other Agile Release Trains (ART), scrum masters, teams and the product managers.
- Set vision and roadmap for the product area and protect the long term technical integrity of the features/components.
- Understand the scope of the upcoming enabler work and collaborate with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the key technological infrastructures.
- Accept or reject stories. Accepting a story includes validation that the story meets acceptance criteria and has the appropriate acceptance tests, and that it meets its Definition of Done.
- Participate as a member of the extended Product Management team and review and contribute to the program-level vision, roadmap, and content presentations.
Who you are
You have several years of experience from working with component design and are well versed in working with templates and design in concept phases. Experience from the automotive industry is meritorious just as harness design experience. You have a University degree in Engineering or equivalent working experience and your English is fluent (written and spoken).
KDP and Teamcenter experience is meritorious together with knowledge about Volvo Cars product development process.
How to learn more and apply
For questions about the position please contact Rosalie Olsson, Director EDS Installation, firstname.lastname@example.org or 031-3251118. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Oscar Rechenberg, recruiter at oscar.rechenberg @volvocars.com . We want your application at the latest 6:th of January 2019. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future. Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent. We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future
Location: Sweden, Volvo Cars in Torslanda