Data Scientist / Advanced Analytics
You see things a bit different, you see patterns and connect dots where others see noise, you challenge yourself and the surroundings. So, do we. At Semcon we are genuinely curious about people and their behaviour. We explore new opportunities to solve our customers’ problems, so that they can get a head start when transforming their products and services into excellent experiences of technology. Always trying to make the world a little bit better each day.
As part of our team you will take a leading role in creating data driven value and opportunities for our clients. This role is quite broad so it is essential that you possess drive and a great deal of curiosity. The map is pretty much unchartered for the right candidate.
Join us if you
Want to make difference . At Semcon we work with the fragile birth of new ideas to all the nitty gritties that needs to be designed, engineered and developed to make great product and service experiences come alive. A vast responsibility but also a unique possibility to make a difference in peoples’ lives. To guide our customers toward a more sustainable and human centric future.
Want to work with amazing assignments. We work at forefronts of machine and deep learning, involved in a number of research projects and doing amazing projects in the autonomous and applied autonomous fields.
Value great colleagues. We want to do great things. Together. Working with great colleagues who provide new ways of thinking, not necessarily always agreeing with you, but where we all value the same things: Balance in life, diversity, kindness, getting things done, learning fast, having fun and sharing our knowledge.
What you’ll do
- Get understanding of business obstacles, create solutions based on advanced analytics and draw implications for model development
- Combine, explore and draw insights from large and complex and in many cases messy data sets
- Work with explorative, predictive- or prescriptive models, utilizing optimization, simulation and machine learning techniques
- Work and experiment with data processing, and machine learning techniques such as NLP / text extraction, deep learning, reinforcement learning or computer vision
- Holistic view from experimentation, prototyping to implementation of new solution
- Work with Data visualization
- Technical presale / feasibility analysis
- Having fun!
What you’ll bring
- 3 + years as a data scientist or similar position
- Strong abilities in all or several parts of the advanced analytics development process: from exploring the potential of a raw data set, to building models, to scaling and stabilizing these models etc
- Intuitive understanding of machine learning algorithms, supervised and unsupervised modelling techniques
- Practical Experience with big data and Spark
- Proven ability to analyse and resolve problems at both strategic and tactical level
- Experience with technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Elastic search, Cassandra and related technologies
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
Why not reach out to us? It could be a start of a beautiful relationship.
Ulf Sandfrost, Digital Services Sales