Safety Manager - Skellefteå
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for a senior Safety Manager with experience from a process industry. In joining us you will play an important part in building one of the first large scale European battery factories, in Skellefteå. Northvolt will have a significant role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
This role is to ensure that everyone in the company complies with health and safety laws and that we follow the absolute best practice in terms of safety when designing Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå. You will be the responsible for coordinating HAZOPs and similar analysis for the processes and 3D reviews, with safety focus, for each part of the factory. You will also assist in the establishment of policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace, and execute the routines for follow up of the same.
As a Safety Manager at Northvolt you must have the ability to pay attention to detail to identify hazards and potential risks. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary, as well as multinational, workforce is essential.
You will report to the Head of Manufacturing and work close together with the Safety Manager of Northvolt Labs (Västerås) as well with the Construction Team and Process Team designing the building and processes for Northvolt Ett.
It is expected that you build the safety team in Skellefteå.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate HAZOPs, other risk analysis and 3D reviews of processes and construction, from a safety perspective.
- Work close together with various stakeholders and add senior process safety competence to our different teams.
- Prepare and suggest policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Conduct training and educations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Conduct safety audits both internal and external.
- Provide technical support to senior management on process safety related subjects.
- Create an extraordinary safety culture.
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, has a mind for details as well as the over all view, and will bring a structured way of working. You will get the chance to have a real impact on the Northvolt story and clearly see the results of your work as we progress. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The Safety Manager is a vital member of the Manufacturing team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary. Planned starting date is asap.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor´s Degree in Process Chemistry/Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in SHE and Risk Management.
- 10+ years of experience in Health & Safety within chemical process industry, of which experience is required from a supervisory capacity, as well as of operational experience from pulp/paper industry, refinery or similar.
- Working knowledge in Health & Safety Management Systems, Risk assessment methods, Incident Investigations, SHE Auditing Techniques, Radiation Safety
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 and experience of such implementation.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Curious, technically educated and with a strong business background
- Must have worked in multi-cultural environment
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
About the company
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!