Machine Learning Software Engineer
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Advanced Analytics Team
The Advanced Analytics team aims to build ML and AI based systems to automatically generate insights from data and to provide relevant insights to the user at the right time.
We want people who are passionate about moving fast, solving new problems and building awesome software. Members of our team enjoy end-to-end ownership of micro-services including: developing, testing, deploying and monitoring in production. Our team has expertise with containerization, orchestration, cloud providers, API development, and web application best practices. Everyone is expected to understand the full system, help develop it and know that the changes they submit will be in customer’s hands within hours or days.
In our highly collaborative environment, you will be working with a diverse group of talented people continuously innovating and improving. With approximately 45,000 customers worldwide you will have access to a rich user community to provide feedback on your features.
How you will spend your time as our next Machine Learning Software Engineer
- Building advanced algorithm-based features into our industry leading Qlik products.
- Developing algorithms for ML-based augmented analytics in a variety of data domains
- Defining micro-services with clean, tested code that contain well documented RESTful APIs.
- Working with cloud technologies such as Docker, Docker Swarm,CircleCI, ELK, and Consul.
- Writing high-quality production ready code that can be continuously deployed and maintaining it in real-time.
- Writing unit, component and integration tests to make sure that other components cannot break your feature
- Playing an active role in designing the user experience of consuming auto-generated insights from data, and in refining it based on user research and feedback.
You will be successful if you are
- Passionate about making software systems smarter with the use of data and Machine Learning algorithms, and about improving the user experience with smart systems
- Experienced in deep learning technologies and data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Familiar with ML toolboxes
- Experienced with scripting languages and statistical modeling programs such as Python, Ruby, Spark, Scala, Hive, R, Matlab
- Experienced in delivering machine learning and data mining algorithms at extreme scale in a microservices container-based architecture
- Self-driven and results-oriented with strong will to succeed
- A naturally organized person with determination to deliver excellence
- An MSc or PhD in a relevant discipline (Data Science, Math, Statistics)
- Able to work effectively with other team members on various aspects of the software delivery process including design, testing, documentation and support.
- Excellent at communicating, both verbally and in writing, as well as able to work well with geographically distributed teams
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Lund, Sweden. If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form