Master Thesis - Light-rail camera
Scope: 1-2 students completing 30 credits (20 weeks) each.
Light-rails are a common technology that enables easy installation and flexible lamp positions. By high-jacking the rails to allow for both communication and power transfer it would be possible to install smart devices such as a camera with minimum effort. This thesis will aim at deploying and evaluating a light rail possible to transmit both power and information fast enough to stream video.
Design and evaluate a communication scheme on a 48V light-rail that maintains signal integrity and has minimum EM radiation. A plus is to be able to put multiple cameras on the same rail.
- Examine different communication protocols, (e.g. DMX or KNX protocols)
- Design a prototype
- Ensure and maximize signal integrity and communication speed, perhaps through S-parameter valuation and control
- Examine the EM radiation from the prototype
OK, I am interested! What do I do now?
You are valuable to us – how nice that you are interested in one of our proposals! There are a few things for you to keep in mind when applying.
- Applications are accepted in both Swedish and English, and you apply via the proposal advert.
- The announced theses are open only to students affiliated with a Swedish university/college either directly or via an exchange program.
- When the thesis proposal states that it includes two students working together, we would like you to apply in pairs. In these cases, send one application each but make sure to clearly state in your application who your co-applicant is. If you have any questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Please attach your CV and University/college grade summary.
For information or questions, please contact our Thesis Coordinator: Simon Preutz email@example.com
About Axis Communications
Axis enables a smarter and safer world by creating network solutions that provide insights for improving security and new ways of doing business. As the industry leader in network video, Axis offers products and services for video surveillance and analytics, access control, and audio systems. Axis has more than 3,000 dedicated employees in over 50 countries and collaborates with partners worldwide to deliver customer solutions.
For more information about Axis, please visit our website www.axis.com .
Sweden - Lund
Telephone: +46 46 272 1800