SOFTWARE ARCHITECT - DRIVER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Everything we do starts with people.
Our human-centric focus is what makes us different from all other car companies, and it’s at the heart of everything we create. If you want to join us in our mission to make people’s lives less complicated, we offer you a chance to grow together with talented people who want to make a true difference.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are in an exciting phase where we are starting up in-house development of the customer facing software of the driver information system. This will be done in close collaboration with our supplier. You as Software Architect will play a vital role in securing the architecture and the design of the software to make it functional and maintainable over time.
As Software Architect you will work closely together with HMI development team and functional development team as well as system architects within Driver information and Display systems. We believe you share our view that a Software Architect also should take active part in the development work.
This is the chance to be a central part of something new! You as architect will have the opportunity to contribute with your experience not just when it comes to the software architecture but also to our ways of working and organization to make this journey successful.
We are looking for an experienced software architect to lead the in-house development of next generation driver information cluster at Volvo Cars.
IF YOU …
• Have passion of embedded software architecture.
• Are an inspiring leader with ability to coach development teams in architectural and design decisions.
• Constantly strive to build maintainable solution by adopting clean code principals and good software craftsmanship.
• Find it a prerequisite to take active part in the development by contributing with hands-on coding.
• Curious by nature always striving to improve your competence and ways of working in order to constantly push the limit of your and the teams’ delivery.
• Are happy to share your best practices and equally happy to learn from others.
• Have interest in cars and driver experience in particular.
AND HAVE …
• Proven experience as Software Architect in an embedded context.
• Solid experience in embedded software development, using C/C++
• Solid experience from embedded platforms and frameworks like QNX, Linux and Autosar
• Experience from software development in an agile context.
• Experience from automotive industry is considered a merit.
• Experience from Driver Information Systems is considered a merit.
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
… Then you may be the Software Architect we are searching for!
How to learn more and apply
Does this sound like the next challenge for you? Do not wait to send in your application already today. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact Elvira Svensson, Team Manager Driver Information Systems, at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +46 738604541.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Malin Hansson, at email@example.com .
Don't hesitate to apply – We want your application at the latest 8th of December 2019, but selection will be running continuously.Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.