Sustainability team, Global Procurement
We aim high. So do you.
Volvo Cars is on a very exciting change journey from a premium car maker into a global mobility provider, with our purpose of offering freedom to move in a personal, sustainable and safe way at the heart of everything we do as a company. The big changes we see in the world like digitization, sustainable & flexible mobility, personalisation of every aspect of life, and self-driving technology provides opportunities to grow our businesses and create consumer experiences we have never imagined before. If you are truly passionate in the field of sustainability, we have a job for you!
What we offer
The sustainability team in global procurement is expanding to support Volvo’s commitment for the highest standards in the sustainability field. In short, our biggest job will be to solve the consumer dilemma of moving freely, yet sustainably. We need to act now and dare to act boldly. By 2025, our total carbon emissions per car will have to decrease by 40%, including major reductions in emissions from our supply chain.
The team will work across three different products – climate action, circular economy and responsible & ethical business. Open team roles include product owners and team members working specifically in fields like recycled plastics, metals, use and reuse of batteries, energy efficiency and use of renewable energy, ethical partnerships, reporting, etc.
Being part of the Sustainability team, Global Procurement, you will be responsible for :
• Leading the work to carbon neutral supply chains, with the ambition of 100% renewable energy by 2025 for tier 1 suppliers.
• Leading the work to increase circularity in materials. By 2025, secure our ambition of 25% recycled plastics, and significantly increased use of recycled steel and aluminium.
• Leading the work to secure our supply chains are responsible and ethical at all levels and tiers, aiming for full transparency and traceability.
• Ensuring CO2, Circularity & Responsible business is part of every sourcing decision, and provide tools for buyers to act on sustainability elements with clarity and confidence.
• Measuring, reporting and providing a holistic view of Climate action/ Circularity/Responsibility in the supply chain.
• Investigate new opportunities in the realm of renewable energy, materials and responsible business that can be interesting for Volvo, in collaboration with our suppliers and our sustainability champions.
• A true change-maker, with a passionate belief that Volvo Cars can have a planet positive impact as a company.
• Highly knowledgeable in the sustainability field and how to balance and merge environmental, social and economic business aspects to shape the future of mobility.
• Forward looking with proven track record in how to transform operations to become planet positive and contribute to a responsible and circular society.
• An excellent communicator, with good knowledge of how to craft, describe, and share information through the use of narratives to build trust, inspire and create an emotional connection to an audience with courage and credibility.
• Adapt at analysing complex sustainability data from digital sources to gain insights for business purposes and decision making.
• In possession of a university degree in a relevant field to sustainability.
Sounds like you?
Is this the next step in your career?
Please apply no later than December 15th 2019, but note that selection will be running continuously. If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Linn Fortgens, Sustainability & Strategy at Global Procurement, email@example.com. Questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Malin Westman, firstname.lastname@example.org or Maria Westermark, email@example.com.
Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.