Business Development Lead Engineer - Industrial
Do you want to be a part of our team that focuses on enabling the future of energy through Business Development and engagement with our Industrial customers? Then this opportunity might be for you! You will work in an international team and get an opportunity to make an impact from day one.
Electric power will replace the combustion engine in automotive and industrial applications and the electricity grid needs energy storage to handle higher power and the intermittent nature of sustainable energy. The corded and already cordless portable appliances have an ever-increasing need for better and cheaper batteries too. Li-Ion technology is key to this future and there are plenty of new ideas, improvements, research and development on the horizon.
Our Business Development team is at the very centre of this development and we are looking for a Lead Engineer to our passionate team to target the Industrial Market segment. We define the Industrial segment as customers within Material Handling, Mining, Construction Equipment, Marine, Rail, Agriculture and Aviation - Industries that are all on exciting change journeys today when it comes to electrification.
As a Lead Engineer you are part of a team that is responsible for the technical part of the product offering from Northvolt. You will work closely with Business Development Managers, engaging with new and existing Northvolt customers. You will get to travel to meet with customers, visit trade fairs and attend to conferences to promote Northvolt solutions and make sure we are offering what our customers want. After understanding and analyzing the customer needs, you will work with our engineering and operations teams to define the best solution for the customer.
We believe that you have a genuine technical interest and experience in customer interactions. As a person you are curious, structured, love to execute plans and meet ambitious targets. Social skills and a drive to create new business and develop existing business relationships are key success factors.
You will be part of the Business Development team and your will report to our Director of Business Development – Industrial. You will be based in Stockholm, Sweden and regularly travel to our customers throughout Europe.
Apply with cover letter and CV or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Skills & Requirements
Education, skills & experience
- MSc Engineering in Electrical, Engineering Physics, Systems Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years of experience from advance engineering/ sales engineering/ technical sales support/ R&D team working closely with sales&marketing team
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills in both technical and business environments (fluency in Swedish and/or German is a plus)
- Successful history of working with mid and senior level technical teams, interacting with purchasing departments and management
- Knowledge of battery industry and technology is a plus
- 5 years of experience from Li Ion battery technology, electrification and/or electrical propulsion chains is a plus
- Startup and growth company experience is a major advantage
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressure multi-cultural environment
- Have plenty of grit, a can-do attitude, an entrepreneurial spirit, a great eye for quality, a sense of humor and a curious mind
- We are looking for colleagues that are friendly, passionate & purpose driven - with a sense of humor
About the company
Northvolt was founded in 2016 with the mission to build the world’s greenest battery cell, with a minimal carbon footprint and the highest ambitions for recycling, to enable the European transition to renewable energy. Northvolt’s team of experts is building the next generation battery cell factory focused on process innovation, scale and vertical integration. Once completed, it will be Europe’s largest battery cell factory and produce 32 GWh worth of capacity annually.
We are currently in an exciting fast-growing phase and operate in a busy, fast moving environment, dealing with a wide range of stakeholders. We are staffing our international office in Stockholm, our R&D facility, Northvolt Labs, in Västerås, as well as our Gdansk facility for production of battery systems. We are also preparing for upcoming positions at the main factory, Northvolt Ett, in Skellefteå.
We want to work with experienced battery experts as well as talented and purpose driven people from all kinds of disciplines to make this happen. Those of us already on board share a bold streak and a passion for our mission. We are prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. We are a team dedicated to thinking new, working hard and having fun. Join us today!