System Analysis Engineer - OTA Software Download
Want to drive digital change in automotive?
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking.
System Analysis Engineer - OTA Software Download
What we offer
You will become a member of an agile development team with great team spirit, the OverTheAir (OTA) team. The team is responsible for designing and verifying OTA Software Download (SWDL) technologies. In this position you will build and maintain a wide personal network with designers within many different system areas of the vehicle, as well as customer service departments. As a part of our team, you get access to long-term development opportunities in a dynamic and continuously growing field, where you have a strong direct influence on customer satisfaction.
The OTA team is part of the agile release train Enabling Base Technology, which forms the fundament for all electronic control units in the entire electrical system. In our daily work, we are working according to the SAFe framework with 12 weeks program increment. The position is located in one of Volvo Cars’ development centres in Gothenburg.
What you’ll do
You get inspired by our mission to give our customers a better car experience every day. You will use your deep knowledge to test and enhance the OTA technologies in the vehicle and surrounding systems.
Your main responsibilities together with the team includes
• Working with OTA system testing activities in the complete E2E chain and update of test methods, tools & processes
• Support the OTA solution development from deployment backend IT systems to car specific installation
• Working with and spread knowledge to our implementation teams, suppliers, verification teams, manufacturing engineering, aftermarket and IT department.
You and your skills
You use your skills and your passion as System Test Engineer to expand your technical insights and to build and maintain a network that includes people from many areas in the company. You are curious and want to contribute to test and develop our OTA technologies. Driven by customer focus you get things done. You are committed to high delivery quality, and have the ability to proceed your work without having all facts at hand before you start. You are flexible and have excellent communication and documentation skills. You have a positive attitude and are a team player. You are experienced with agile development and familiar with software development best practices.
We believe that you have following basic skills and qualifications :
• M.Sc or B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• Knowledge of distributed electrical systems and electrical architecture
• Experience in test tools such as: Wireshark, Canalyzer/CANoe, Android/Linux tools and webservices/protocols.
• Excellent communication skills in English both in speech and writing since you will be working in a very distributed surrounding
With following preferred skills and qualifications:
• Experience from SW, HW or system development
• Experience within Volvo Cars
• Basic knowledge in base tech areas: SWDL, NM, Diagnostics, Communication such as CAN, FlexRay, LIN, Ethernet, LVDS, TCP/IP communication
• Swedish driver license (B)
How to learn more and apply
For questions about the position, drop an email or call recruiting team manager Stefan Andreasson, at email@example.com or +46 723 716344.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact senior recruiter Maria Westermark, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
We want your application at the latest august 23th 2019.
Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.