Head of Melt shop, Outokumpu Stainless AB
Outokumpu is the global leader in stainless steel. We aim to be the best value creator in stainless by 2020, through our competitive edge of customer orientation and efficiency. The foundation of our business is our ability to tailor stainless steel into any form and for almost any purpose. Stainless steel is sustainable, durable and designed to last forever. Our customers use it to create civilization’s basic structures and its most famous landmarks as well as products for households and various industries. Outokumpu employs 10,000 professionals in more than 30 countries, with headquarters in Helsinki, Finland and shares listed in Nasdaq Helsinki. www.outokumpu.com
A great opportunity in Avesta Operations
You now have a great opportunity to join us in Avesta Operations, one of Outokumpu s fully integrated production sites. Avesta invented duplex stainless steel in 1930 and that heritage continues, housing a melt shop, hot rolling, cold rolling and finishing lines. We are specialized in thick and wide materials as well as Pro Grades in the Forta, Ultra and Therma ranges. Our culture is open and including. We take great proud in our production and products. The melt shop produce 450 kt with a mix of 60-70% Pro grades, you have 14 direct reports and 160 employees.
- Further strengthen the safety culture
- Implement Outokumpu s vision and mission
- Lead your area of responsibility support implementation of new methods and initiatives <
- Together with your team and supporting functions lead the operations to deliver and achieve the plan and KPI s on short- and long term basis
- Manage the tactical and strategical planning
- Ensure compliance with procedures and processes
- Member of Avesta site management team
- University degree in Metallurgy or equal
- Several years of work in steel industry
- Good analytical and decision-making capabilities
- Performance-oriented drive for improvements
- Leadership and management skills
- Sense of urgency
- Strong knowledge and experience in various aspects of production management, controls, reporting etc.
- Experienced level in Swedish and fluent in English
We offer you
A challenging job in an international environment and the opportunity to manage our melt shop together with your team of motivated managers, shift-leaders and operators.
You will be located in Avesta and report to SVP Avesta Operations.
Addilon is our partner in this recruitment. Please apply (CV and personal letter) via the link. We will fill the position immediately after finding the right candidate. Questions about the position are answered on weekdays 8.30-10.00, +46 10 207 01 50
Recruiting right managers and specialists in Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, Logistics and Accounting.
Follow us on social media
LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram
We kindly but directly declinbe contact for direct sales of additional job advertisements, candidates etc.